"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure.
I make mistakes, I am out of control
and at times hard to handle.
But if you can't handle me at my worst,
then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

- Marilyn Monroe

Saturday, November 20, 2010

FAERIECON

Just dropping in to say FAERIECON was a blast! A little bummed that I didn't do as well financially as I had hoped, however as far as exposure and getting to meet so many fellow faery friends and artists that I admire, I was so happy to go!

It just seemed like at every turn right up until the night before things were going wrong; my finances were deadlocked which meant I couldn't order much needed supplies until late, I got an allergic reaction to aspirin the day before when we were supposed to set up, the whole weekend our vehicle barely got to and fro (we stocked up on power steering fluid, having to fill it up EVERY time we stopped) and after all that, I think the most important lesson I've learned was a hard one for me...TO LET GO.

Oh I'm still frustrated about some things, but I took my hubby's advice; if I can make myself ok with either possible extreme and not be attached to anything, then I will be a lot more relaxed...and I am. Right now, EV update is done until the next one on Dec. 5th, I've got a loooong ass list of things to accomplish, have no idea how I'm going to be able to vend at Mythic Faire in March and really hoping that I can sell off the EXTRA EXTRA leftovers from Faeriecon, but it's all good.

I've got prints galore to update. Halfway done with my first two breakthrough pieces for the Sidhe Queen Oracle I'm planning. But for now, the beautiful bottle of Blackberry Arbor Mist is calling me from upstairs....

Ciao. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment