"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure.
I make mistakes, I am out of control
and at times hard to handle.
But if you can't handle me at my worst,
then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

- Marilyn Monroe

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

New Artwork, Stationery, & Other News!

I have another new artwork! Gaia Persephone (Major Arcana) is my newly completed artwork for my upcoming Sidhe Queen Oracle! She is a beauty, and I will be honest when I say that I worked harder (and ran away from more) on this artwork than I have on any other in my entire life! But, like they say, striving for perfection is difficult, but in the end, incredibly worth it. Gaia Persephone is easily my favorite of all my Creations. :)

At the moment, Gaia Persephone is available as 5x7 prints and bookmarks. As with the rest of my Sidhe Queen Oracle, 8.5x11 prints can only be obtained on my website when The Sidhe Queen Oracle is published, OR if you own a store, they are available wholesale through Wholesale Fantasy Art.

And, speaking of publishing, I've only got a few more artworks to go before I start submitting them to companies! As of right now I am planning on targeting Llewellyn, US Games Systems, and Blue Angel. I would like to start pitching The Sidhe Queen Oracle to them by the end of this year, but I'll keep you updated! If you would like to help, feel free to send either/all of these companies emails requesting that my deck be published- it would help me tremendously to have that sort of support! If you do, be sure to remember to include the Link to The Sidhe Queen Oracle page on my website! :) 

Thank you in advance for helping me create a buzz!

I will also be starting another giveaway on my Facebook Fanpage for one of two *SIGNED* 5x7 prints of my next Sidhe Queen Oracle artwork. I don't always post notices for these giveaways on my blog/mailing list, so if you want to get in on the fun make sure to follow my Twitter and LIKE my Facebook Fanpage and keep an eye out! All you got to do to win is be one of the first two to guess correctly which Sidhe Queen I will be working on next (...and I even provide a list!!).


Speaking of new artworks, I've already got 3 new ones that I'm waiting to unveil which you will see very soon, including a Halloween artwork (I will be working on Halloween art all year round from now on!), a Christmas artwork, and a Whimsy! In addition, I've only got a few months until the end of 2011 and I plan to work work work- so expect many Christmas/Holiday themed works & Sidhe Queen works before the end of the year. :)


Let's see....oh! I wanted to announce that I am considering taking my stationery out of my repertoire of in-house merchandise (meaning I produce it in my studio) and move my stationery designs to Zazzle. Even though I've been a Fantasy Faery Artist on and off since 2004, I've only seriously been building my business since 2010- only about a year and a half! I don't recieve nearly as many sales as I need, let alone where I would like to be sale-wise....and I believe that I'm getting a bit ahead of myself in the product department. So, in an effort to not stretch myself too thin, I am most likely going to move my stationery designs to my Zazzle shop. You'll still be able to purchase them there and have them delivered to you, but just not personally made by me!


This change may not happen immediately, but be a gradual phasing out as I have many other things to focus my attention on from now until the end of the year! I just wanted to give my fans a heads up. :)


Also, I regularly take part in an artistic thingy called Sketchfest. This past month I completed sketches, but I was not able to post them online before the deadline. I will be posting a poll on my Facebook Fanpage asking whether you would still like to see the sketches I completed posted on Facebook even though they're not posted on the Sketchfest site itself. Make sure to go vote and lemme know! :)


And last on the news list- I'm not sure how many of you know, but in addition to being a Fantasy Artist, I am also an Actress, Singer, Novelist, Entrepreneur and a whole bunch of other things I dont feel like listing off right now! I IZ RENESAAANZ WOMIN! YAYZ! :)

Anywhoo, I announced this on my Facebook profile last week, but I will officially announce it here as well- I will be submitting an audition tape for The Glee Project. I have whittled down the song choices to either Lady Gaga's "Edge of Glory" or The Righteous Brothers "Unchained Melody". I am so torn between the two that I may actually do a pre-recording and let ya'll vote for the one you want me to post on my Facebook page. :) When I do actually post the audition and my profile, I would appreciate your support! Bug your family, friends, and co-workers to watch and like- Share it obnoxiously on your wall cuz I'm gonna be famous! :)

EDIT: Right after I posted this blog and mozied on over to MailChimp.com to send out my mailing list email, this random saying popped up.....I don't personally believe in coinkydinks. I'm taking this as a *SIGN*!!! ;D



With all that being said, stay tuned......;)
:Love Light and Peace:

No comments:

Post a Comment